1/1 Photo of Wilted Spinach Salad With Sherry Vinaigrette
This healthy spinach salad is big on flavor with rich sherry vinegar, a touch of smoky paprika and briny olives. From Eating Well magazine, October 2008.
My Private Note
1 1/2 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh spinach (washed, drained, patted dry)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar or 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional) or 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika (optional)
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives, such as Kalamata
- 1Place spinach in a large bowl.
- 2Place shallot, vinegar and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Cook, stirring often, until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- 4Add almonds and paprika (if using) and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- 5Stir in broth and olives and bring to a simmer.
- 6Immediately pour the dressing over the spinach and toss until slightly wilted.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Spinach Salad With Sherry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
reduced-sodium vegetable broth