This yummy garlicky vinaigreete will wake up bland beans and grains. Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (or aged red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pound the garlic with 1/4 teaspoons salt in a mortar and pestle until it breaks down into a puree. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, chop the garlic, then use the side of a large knife and press the garlic with the salt to make a paste.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl, then whisk in the oil and seasoning with pepper.
- Taste and balance the flavors to taste. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Enjoyed this nice vinaigrette on a green salad that sadly did not have any beans in it, Sharon description says this is great on beans and after trying it do believe it would be a delight on beans. Made as written using a good sherry vinegar which gave sweet wine flavor to the dressing. Thanks for the post.1Reply