Recipe by Marsha D.
Got this from one of my friend's Weight Watchers cooking book. Haven't tried it yet. This counts 2 points per serving
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup regular long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 leaves red leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 3/4 cups water and add bouillon cubes, bring to a boil.
- Add both kinds of rice. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine rest of ingredients except the lettuce leaves.
- Add rice to bowl with ingredients and toss to combine.
- Place lettuce leaves on a larger platter and top with rice mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered until chill, about 3 hours.