Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Outstanding dressing/stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner or just a great side dish.
Make and share this Wild Rice and Sausage Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 6 ounces wild rice, uncooked
- 3 celery ribs, chopped thick
- 10 -12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix, cubed
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, low sodium preferred
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Cook wild rice and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until it is browned, stirring to separate meat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and mushrooms and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Place stuffing in a large bowl. Pour sausage mixture over stuffing. Add remaining ingredients (including rice) and toss lightly.
- Pour broth over mixture and mix.
- Spoon into a large, greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.