Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious, creamy, earthy mushroom soup with spicy sausage and arugula. Adapted from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller on the food network.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup andouille sausage, diced
- 1 lb assorted wild mushroom, stemmed and sliced (chanterelle, oyster, shiitake, crimini, portobello, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Put olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add andouille and saute until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage to paper towel to drain.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to same pot and cook 5 minutes. Add thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and wine and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from the heat. Using an immersion or stand blender, puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to low heat, add milk and reserved andouille sausage and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with arugula and walnuts.