Recipe by TooAllergic
This is crispy and soft at the same time. Experiment with the mushrooms and maybe add some bitey Asiago or Parmesan cheese (I can't). Great with a big, crunchy salad.
- 2 lbs potatoes, shredded
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt (this replaces table salt, so add salt if you are using celery seed)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke bottoms, sliced (in water)
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons vegan sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Spray-coat a non-stick large skillet liberally, heat and spoon in potato mixture--spreading it out even and flat.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes (should be well-browned on the bottom).
- Use a cookie sheet to flip out the pancake, re-spray pan and re-add the pancake-- raw side down. Cook another 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using olive oil, saute the mushrooms, garlic and fresh thyme. Cook until tender. Remove from the heat, add the artichokes and season.
- When the pancake has cooked on both sides, place it on a sprayed cookie sheet and spoon the mushrooms on top and bake for 10-12 minutes (until hot throughout).
- Slice and garnish with toasted nuts and (soy)sour cream.