1/11 Photos of Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins
A Messy Cook's Note:
These muffins are delicious and have a great texture, and they are 100% healthy! No refined flour or sweeteners. We have a big family, so this recipe makes a lot of muffins, but it is easily halved for a smaller group. To make the muffins lower in fat, replace half of the oil with unsweetened applesauce. I also use "white whole-wheat" flour, which is softer than that made with red wheat (but has the exact same nutritional value).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together dry ingredients.
- 2Beat oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
- 3Add bananas and beat to combine.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
- 5Spoon batter into 24 greased muffin cups; bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
- 6Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 214.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g