These muffins are delicious and have a great texture, and they are 100% healthy! No refined flour or sweeteners. We have a big family, so this recipe makes a lot of muffins, but it is easily halved for a smaller group. To make the muffins lower in fat, replace half of the oil with unsweetened applesauce. I also use "white whole-wheat" flour, which is softer than that made with red wheat (but has the exact same nutritional value).
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Beat oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
- Add bananas and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into 24 greased muffin cups; bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.