1/3 Photos of Whole Wheat French Toast (Vegan)
Sydney Mike's Note:
Found this recipe in the As You Like It Cookbook, 2001, & am posting it here along with its non-vegan counterpart!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put soy milk, & cornstarch in a blender & mix well.
- 2Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon & salt, blending until smooth, then pour into a shallow bowl & set aside.
- 3Put the unbleached white flour in another shallow bowl & set aside.
- 4Put canola oil in a large frying pan & heat over medium heat.
- 5Soak each slice of bread in the soy milk mixture for about 30 seconds, then dip each slice in the white flour, being sure to coat both sides before place each slice in the heated pan.
- 6Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom is brown, then using a spatula, turn the each slice of bread over & cook the other side another 3 minutes.
- 7Serve quickly, drizzled with syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat French Toast (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 385.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 13.0 g