Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
this recipe came via Ellie Krieger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 medium poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground white meat turkey
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white beans
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, poblanos, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink about 2 minutes. Add the white beans, broth and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Add the hominy and salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking, partially covered, 10 minutes longer. Ladle into individual bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cilantro. Garnish with a lime wedge.