1/1 Photo of White Rice Pilaf With Corn, Roasted Chiles and Fresh Cheese
Queso Fresco (fresh Mexican cheese) is called for in this recipe but you can substitute Feta or any fresh cheese like Farmers, etc. This would make a nice main course as well with a salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast,peel,remove seeds and slice the poblano chiles into short thin strips.
- 2Start the rice about 40 minutes before you want serve.
- 3Combine the oil, rice, and onion in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently for about 7 minutes until the onion is translucent but not browned.
- 4Add the broth to the rice mixture along with the chiles and corn, stir well, scrape down the side so the pan, cove and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes>.
- 5When the rice has cooked 15 minutes, let it stand off the fire, covered for 5 to 10 minutes until the grains are tender.
- 6Add the crumbled cheese and toss the with a fork to incorporate the ingredients and stop the cooking. Scoop into a serving bowl and garnish with the watercress or parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Rice Pilaf With Corn, Roasted Chiles and Fresh Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 272.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: