Recipe by mortar&pestle
Subtle flavour but very nice and moist. Made my wedding cake from this recipe. Freezes well with or without icing. Muffins can also be made from this mixture. It will make 24 regular muffins and 48 mini muffins. I bake the regular muffins for 30=35 minutes, and the mini muffins for 10-15 minutes.
WHite Chocolate Mud cake
- 300 g white chocolate
- 200 g butter
- 250 ml milk
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g self-rising flour
- 150 g plain flour
- 175 g white chocolate
- 250 g butter, softened
- 275 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehead oven to 160C (145C fan forced). Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with paper.
- Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture well until completely smooth. Allow mix to cool at room temp for 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Sift flours together into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the chocolate mixture slowly and stir until a paste forms. Repeat until chocolate mixture has all been mixed in . The gradual method of combining wet and dry ingredients helps prevent lumps.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 70 minutes. When the cake is ready a skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To make the icing - beat the butter with an electric mixer until it becomes lighter and flufflier. Add the vanilla and then gradually add icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler for 2-3 minutes, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate into icing mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pipe or spread icing on the cake.