1/1 Photo of White Chocolate Mud Cake With Frosting
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Subtle flavour but very nice and moist. Made my wedding cake from this recipe. Freezes well with or without icing. Muffins can also be made from this mixture. It will make 24 regular muffins and 48 mini muffins. I bake the regular muffins for 30=35 minutes, and the mini muffins for 10-15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
WHite Chocolate Mud cake
- 300 g white chocolate
- 200 g butter
- 250 ml milk
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g self-rising flour
- 150 g plain flour
- 1Prehead oven to 160C (145C fan forced). Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with paper.
- 2Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture well until completely smooth. Allow mix to cool at room temp for 15 minutes.
- 4Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- 5Sift flours together into a large bowl.
- 6Add 1 cup of the chocolate mixture slowly and stir until a paste forms. Repeat until chocolate mixture has all been mixed in . The gradual method of combining wet and dry ingredients helps prevent lumps.
- 7Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 70 minutes. When the cake is ready a skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean.
- 8Cool on wire rack.
- 9To make the icing - beat the butter with an electric mixer until it becomes lighter and flufflier. Add the vanilla and then gradually add icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- 10Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler for 2-3 minutes, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Pour chocolate into icing mixture and beat until well combined.
- 12Pipe or spread icing on the cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Mud Cake With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.5
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 322.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g