Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a dark chocolate cherry oatmeal cookie recipe from Gourmet Magazine, FEb. 1998
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5⁄8 cup butter, room temperature (1-1/4 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicon baking pads.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Beat into flour mixture.
- Mix in oats, then white chocolate chips, cherries and macadamia nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes. Switch and rotate baking sheets.
- Bake cookies until golden, about 6 minutes longer.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets (cookies will firm as they cool).
These cookies are wonderful. I used Smart Balance for baking and a combination of Splenda and sugar. The cherries were glace cherries instead of the dried sour cherries. My yield was 30 cookies. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*