White Chocolate/Coconut/Macadamia Cookies
photo by luvcookn
- Ready In:
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted,if you like
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375.
- In small bowl,mix the flour,baking powder& soda& salt.
- In large bowl,combine the butter,sugars& vanilla extract.
- Beat at high speed,scraping the bowl often,beat mixture until creamy (1-2 minutes).
- Add in the egg,beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce the speed to low,gradually adding in flour mixture.
- Beat well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes).
- With your hands,stir in the white chips,coconut& nuts.
- By rounded TB,drop the dough onto nongreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sorry- forgot to post info last time, was in a rush. These are perhaps some of my most sought after cookies! I bring a tupperware container to work and the first questions are if its these yummy cookies! I used the coconut and white chocolate but not the nuts- way to expensive over here! Maybe I'll grab some while I'm Hawaii and try that then. I loved this recipe and shall make it again and again! Thanks so much, Ocean!
Made recipe as is but I got double the amount of cookies. I used a tablespoon cookie scoop and baked for 10 minutes. I didn't toast the coconut and not sure I would have noticed the difference. I did not find them overly sweet but just right for a really good cookie. Thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper!
This recipe is great! I did exclude the white chocolate chips (hence the 4 stars) because I was afraid of it being too rich as others mentioned. I highly recommend excluding the white chocolate chips if you'd like a less rich cookie that enhances the coconut and macadamia nut flavor. A definite keeper!
see 29 more reviews
I was looking for something to use my white chocolate chips one and I stumbled upon this recipe. I vegan-ized it by using margarine in place of butter and using flaxseed/water as an egg replacer. The result, while not looking all that pretty, was wonderfully tasty. Oh, and it appears as though I again could not correctly read a recipe. I used regular granulated sugar instead of brown. Guess it didn't matter in the end though :) Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!