Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Ooooh..I am just..speechless! This is incredible! 8)
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted,if you like
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts or 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375.
- In small bowl,mix the flour,baking powder& soda& salt.
- In large bowl,combine the butter,sugars& vanilla extract.
- Beat at high speed,scraping the bowl often,beat mixture until creamy (1-2 minutes).
- Add in the egg,beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce the speed to low,gradually adding in flour mixture.
- Beat well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes).
- With your hands,stir in the white chips,coconut& nuts.
- By rounded TB,drop the dough onto nongreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
Sorry- forgot to post info last time, was in a rush. These are perhaps some of my most sought after cookies! I bring a tupperware container to work and the first questions are if its these yummy cookies! I used the coconut and white chocolate but not the nuts- way to expensive over here! Maybe I'll grab some while I'm Hawaii and try that then. I loved this recipe and shall make it again and again! Thanks so much, Ocean!
So easy to make and they turned out delicious. I did have to cook mine longer than 8 minutes. It took 13 minutes. I am at sea level so that might be the reason.
These cookies were outstanding. I toasted the coconuts and added fresh orange rinds. These are my favorite cookies ever.