Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A yummy recipe found in the Detroit Free Press. This makes a wonderful dense brownie. It's attributed to Hattie's Restaurant in Suttons Bay, Michigan, which is north of Traverse City.
- 453.59 g dark brown sugar
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml instant coffee granules
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml Kahlua
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 226.79 g chopped white chocolate
- 113.39 g chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the brown sugar and butter'til butter is melted.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in hot water and add to butter mixture.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- While butter mixture is cooling, whisk eggs and Kahlua together in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter mixture and Kahlua mixture to the flour mixture and mix'til just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and nuts.
- Spread in prepared baking pan and bake 35-40 minutes or'til golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting in squares.
- Serving suggestion: Serve warm with ice cream or drizzled with your favorite chocolate sauce.
These brownies are fantastic. Everyone who tried them loved them and they were gone in a snap......Thanks for a new brownie recipe that is different AND delicous.Sue