Raspberry and White Chocolate Fudge Brownies
I've been looking for a white chocolate and raspberry cookie recipe for ages... This hits the sweet spot. These are soft and fudgy white brownies, dotted with red raspberries. They can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, not defrosted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 8-inch non-stick square baking pan. Stir 6 ounces white chocolate in large metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth, or use a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir flour and salt in small bowl to blend. Set aside. Using electric mixer beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Mix in melted white chocolate. Stir in flour mixture just until blended - do not overmix. Stir in white chocolate chips. Gently stir in raspberries just until distributed evenly. Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake until top is golden and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes if using fresh raspberries or 45 minutes if using frozen raspberries. Cool in pan.
- Cut into 16 squares. Transfer to platter and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I tried to make this & it didn't cook the entire pan was raw except a lil of the edges I baked it for the recommended time plus I had to put it back in after it cooled off . it cut fine it seemed done but as soon I went to pick up 1 of the squares I couldn't hold em they were so under baked they just acted like raw dough with a nice golden brown top. what did I do wrong I followed the directions exactly. I used a Ghirardelli premium white chocolate baking bar & the Ghirardelli premium baking chips/ morsels
I was looking for a recipe that was as close to a fudge brownie & I found this recipe & others but there's 1 really close to this one except it has both brown sugar & granulated white sugar & no almond extract its on the lenoxbakery.com website & its called white chocolate raspberry blondies. Have u or anyone else added brown sugar? I'm gonna make both recipes but I just want the nice moist fudge texture. I don't want the dryer types of brownies like the ones n wrappers that come n a box n the snack cakes areas of the store)
Love these! <br/>I used frozen raspberries, as they tend to hold their shape better, and used choc chunks as opposed to choc chips, just out of personal preference and they taste amazing!<br/><br/>This was my first time baking using 'cups' as I am British and used to measuring out in grams, so I'm not sure if this is why I only managed to make enough mixture for 9, instead of 16. Nonetheless, they tasted very good!