Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit Restaurant Recipes - Goodfellow's - Minneapolis, MN. Chef Stephan Pyles at Goodfellow's says that this brownie "is the brownie of my childhood, only made with white chocolate instead of dark. It's as decadently chocolate as you can possibly get - hot fudge, pieces of white chocolate in the brownie, the butteriness of the macadamias. It's about as rich a dessert as I would dare do."
- 236.59 ml unbleached flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 198.44 g imported white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml chopped toasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- 141.74 g imported white chocolate, coarsely chopped
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 177.44 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 141.74 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour with salt into bowl.
- Using electric mixer beat eggs in large bowl.
- until frothy.
- Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted. Gently fold in melted chocolate (mixture may lose volume).
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir well (mixture may look curdled).
- Fold in flour.
- Fold in nuts and chopped chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out not quite clean, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan on rack. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store at room temperature.)
- Cut brownies into squares.
- Transfer to plates.
- Pour Hot Fudge Sauce over and serve.
- Hot Fudge Sauce:.
- Cook cream and sugar in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add butter and corn syrup and stir until butter melts. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.) Before serving, stir fudge sauce over low heat until it is heated through.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups sauce.