Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a Delicious magazine - tasted delicious too !!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 -2 long red chile, chopped very finely
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 420 g creamed corn
- 500 ml low-fat milk
- 420 g cannellini beans
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons coriander, chopped
- Heat oil and cook onion, chilli and capsicum till soft.
- Add cumin and cook till fragrant.
- Stir in corn, milk and beans.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes till mixture is thickened.
- Add chicken and heat through for 3 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in coriander.
- Serve with rice.
This was a nice chicken chili, a nice spice level and very meaty. I prefer my chili to stand alone and be more like a soup, this was too thick for that, but still a great flavor.
We both loved this recipe! I used 3 uncooked diced chicken breasts and just cooked them for a few minutes in the oil before adding the onion and peppers. I'm usually not fond of too much spice so I used one red chile but next time I'll use 2. I also added an extra tsp of cumin after tasting partway through cooking. I'll be sure to make this again! Made for ZWT7.
The entire family loved this including my super picky sister and my wont eat anything resembling soup nephew. This has a large amount of meat for the beans which was not a problem at all for my family.