Recipe by Idle Chef
I got this recipe from someone at work and wow you will not be disappointed. Every time I make this I am giving the recipe out. I hope you find this enjoyable too.
Top Review by sconehead
I was looking for something warm and fairly fast for dinner tonight and saw this recipe! I had to make a few changes because I didn't want to make a trip to the store, but it was DELICIOUS!!!!!! Changes I made were: I used 1 can of white Chicken meat and one can of white Turkey in place of the 4 cups of cooked chicken, I used 2 tsp paprika and 2 tsp chili powder in place of the canned green chili's (I didn't have any on hand). I left out the Cayenne pepper because I thought it would be too spicy for my kids and I only used on can chicken broth and 3 cans of mixed variety beans (one can pinto, one light kidney and one red kidney) I also topped the bowls with more montery jack. I just used regular montery Jack because I didn't have pepper Jack (which is weird because I usually do!) This was DELICIOUS!! My husband said it tasted alot like the Ruby Tuesday White Chili. I've never had it so I didn't know. Anyway....thanks for sharing this recipe! I'll be using it again! It was a BIG HIT with my family!
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3 (16 ounce) cans dry northern white beans, liquid included
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups of shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot sauté onions, green chilis, jalapeños in oil.
- Add chicken broth, white beans (plus liquid), chicken, and the remainder of the spices (excluding cheese and sour cream).
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese stirring frequently until incorporated into broth.
- Return to low heat and warm through for 30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream if desired.