Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just like you get at the best Mexican grills! The asadero cheese is priced so low at Save-A-Lot, so that is where I purchase mine.
- 2 cups asadero cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In medium saucepan, heat all ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
I lived in Mexico, and "authentic Mexican restaurants" don't usually serve cheese dip at all! Normally what is served is Pico De Gallo ( a mix of tomato, garlic, onion, cilantro, and lime juice) This to me tasted a lot like what I have had a American Mexican restaurants. Everyone that tasted it liked it. Any white Mex. cheese can be used to make this also. I have made it with asadero, queso fresco, and chihuahua. It was very good.
Not at all the white cheese that I have had at authentic mexican restaurants. Very disappointed.