Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)
I’ve come very close in recreating that scrumptious white sauce served at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants El San Jose!!!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs white American cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeno juice
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Toss all ingredients into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute. The mixture might seem watery during the first few stirs, but should come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately as a dip with tortilla chips or as a sauce over your favorite Mexican dish.
- *Recipe Note: White American cheese is found at most deli counters in your local grocery store.
- *Reheat Instructions: Store any leftover cheese dip in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy and hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION