This recipe comes from the South Beach Diet Cookbook. It has become one of my go to phase 1 recipes. Filling and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the greens and cook for 7 minutes, or until barely tender. Coarsely chop greens prior to cooking if desired.
- 3Drain the greens, squeezing out as much water as possible. Can be done several hours ahead of making the soup.
- 4Bring the broth to a simmer in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 5Add garlic and greens.
- 6Add beans. (If using canned beans, drain and rinse first).
- 7Simmer gently, partially covered for 10 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve with Grated Parmesan Cheese and Pepper Flakes for garnish.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Soup With Greens South Beach Phase 1
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g