Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This a great buttery moist pound cake, great served with icecream or your favorite fruit topping.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 or 10-inch tube pan.
- In a bowl, beat butter, Crisco, sugar and eggs for 4 minutes (must beat for 4 minutes, not any less), with an electric mixer.
- Sift the flour with baking powder.
- Add in the whipping cream, sifted flour/baking powder mix, lemon and vanilla extracts; beat for 2 more minutes on medium speed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until cake tests done (the top should just spring back when you press it lightly with your finger).
- Remove from oven, let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove.
So surprised i'm the first to rate this absolutely delicious pound cake, you could not ask for better. We had trouble stopping at two slices each, will go into my favorite cake file. Thanks kitten...