Moist, Dense, Heavy Cream Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (two sticks, no substitutions!)
- 7 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional) or 2 teaspoons orange juice (optional)
- Cream sugar and softened butter until smooth.
- Add eggs in 1 at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- sift in 1 1/2 cups cake flour, and combine.
- Add heavy cream to mixture, stir in well.
- sift in the remaining 1 1/2 cups cake flour and combine until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and additional optional flavors.
- Pour into Greased and floured bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Place in the middle of a cold oven, turn on heat to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- (the smaller the pan, the less time it will take to bake.).
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- store in an airtight container or wrap with aluminum foil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a delicious pound cake. I agree that this is the only pound cake recipe I will be using from now on. My only addition was the zest of 1 lemon, in addition to 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Wonderful. I put some of this batter into Nordic Ware's bunny cakelet pan and the rest into a loaf pan. The bunnies came out great. Thanks for this recipe.