Coconut Cream Pound Cake
Very moist and delicious pound cake. Great to serve with ice cream!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar; beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternating with cream of coconut, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in lemon rind and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really liked the flavor of the cake, but I added 2 tsp. of coconut extract and skipped the vanilla and lemon rind ( I didn't have any lemon rind). I also had a little problem with the bake-the top was a bit underdone, but not horribly. I think I would put it into 2 loaf pans to avoid this, and to freeze one for later!