Top Review by Acceptance
This is one of my favorite frostings, though the name is mis-leading a bit. I do find if i blend the sugar with the roux while it is still hot, I get a better texture - it "softens" the sugar and I never have a problem with the end product being a little gritty.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook milk and flour until thick and let cool (be sure to have paste cool completely).
- Beat shortening and butter 4 minutes till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, beat another 4 minutes.
- Add cold paste and vanilla, beat another 4 minutes.
- Beating makes this frosting.