Whipped Cream Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Cook milk and flour together until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter and crisco together for 4 minutes.
- Add sugar to butter mixture and beat 4 more minutes.
- Add cooled milk and flour mixture to bowl and beat another 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and beat until integrated into frosting.
- This easily frosts a two layer cake or 11x13 sheet cake. Best with Duncan Hines Devils Food cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an excellent icing recipe. My kids called it Ice Cream Icing--Why I don't know! Only difference, I make it with powdered sugar. Comes out creamy and you don't have to whip and whip for the sugar to break down. I have also used brown sugar for a caramel flavored, cocoa for chocolate. My kids are adults, and still ask for a chocolate cake with Ice Cream icing when we get together. And they like the icing spread on THICK! Highly recommend this recipe---not so sweet--JUST RIGHT!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've just retired and now have time for my favorite hobbies - golf and cooking! Love to try new recipes and share my favorites. My friends keep telling me I should cater but that's too much like work. I wouldn't have time to enjoy life.</p>