Recipe by cam7
From the October 2007 issue of Home Cooking magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounded good and is on the menu for this week.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, saute butter, onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken or beef broth, rice, and all remaining ingredients, except cilantro.
- Cover and simmer until all liquid had been absorbed by the rice, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over each individual serving.