Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the October 2007 issue of Home Cooking magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounded good and is on the menu for this week.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- In large skillet, saute butter, onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken or beef broth, rice, and all remaining ingredients, except cilantro.
- Cover and simmer until all liquid had been absorbed by the rice, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over each individual serving.