Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in the Cheap Eats cookbook years ago. Haven't had it in a long time, but we used to enjoy it. Is great served with steamed rice.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 250 g boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 425 g tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and fry chicken and onion until golden.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is SOOOOO scrumptious! Quick, easy, cheap, versatile... I used what I had on hand for this so I changed a couple things: only chicken breast meat, not as many tomatoes, so I added a little bit of water, then added added some chopped zucchini. It was wonderful over rice. My husband LOVED it too! Thanks!
I found this in one of my old cookbooks and was going to post it myself. This is simple to do and tastes great, even miss 4 year old ate it up with no fuss. It's quick to put together on a busy weeknight and one I'll make again. Thanks for posting!
I made this delicious and easy curry recipe for the Curry challenge in ZWT4 and I'm so glad that I did. It was even better after it sat in the fridge overnight (I couldn't resist tasting it this morning). A wonderful taste of Africa! Thank you for the easy recipe! Travelling in Africa with the Babes, ZWT4.