Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wendy's Ranch in Columbus Ohio!
Make and share this Wendy's Garden Ranch Chicken Pita recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups sliced roman lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 4 pita breads
- 4 teaspoons finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 pinch parsley flakes
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- For the salad dressing, mix together gelatin and cold water. Microwave on 'HIGH' for approximately 2 minutes, until just hard boiling.
- Mix in vinegar then whip in oil. Mix in finely chopped red sweet pepper, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, grossly ground black pepper, parsley flakes, oregano, thyme and basil.
- Refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes before mixing in grated fresh Romano cheese, grated fresh Parmesan cheese and egg substitute, until thick. Refrigerate overnight to thicken mixture even more.
- Preheat kitchen barbecue to medium heat. Salt and pepper chicken whites. Grill chicken whites for 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, well mix together Roman lettuce slices, red cabbage slices and grated carrot into a large bowl.
- Remove done chicken whites from grill; dice chicken whites.
- Heat each pita bread into microwave oven for 20 seconds. Fill the middle of each pita bread length wise, as a taco, with 1 1/2 cups of lettuce mixture.
- Top lettuce mixture with approximately 1/3 cup chicken dices. Pour 1 tablespoon salad dressing on top chicken dices. Evenly sprinkle with finely grated Fresh Parmesan cheese. Roll, and serve.
Can I say that I love you for posting this?? I have been missing these things since they discontinued them. I ate them non-stop while I was pregnant with my first son and I was crushed when they went missing from the menu. This was very close to what I remember (probably because I've been using bottled ranch dressing) and I cannot stop eating them again! I made them to eat for lunch and I have eaten them the past 2 days and I'm seriously considering eating another one tomorrow. Next round I will make the ranch in the recipe but they are great either way. Thank you so much!