Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made for an International Dinner Club I had going many years ago. This was made by my neighbor for the Welsh Dinner. I don't remember if it was good or not! I'm submitting it for The Zaar World Tour Spring '06. Please note the cup of raisins can be supplemented with caraway seeds, dried fruits, and coconut. I don't know if they could get coconut in Wales in the older days, but that's what the recipe says!
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut in the Crisco until all dry ingredients are somewhat incorporated.
- Mix together the 2 eggs, milk and vanilla, then add to the flour mixture.
- Stir in the raisins, etc.
- Bake in greased tube pan or large loaf pans at 35o* for 1 hour.
It really is a great recipe, and overall not a very heavy cake. It could use for more raisins in there. It also came out quite moist and baked evenly for the time and temp given in the instructions. It also didn't stay for very long in my house.