Top Review by Bergy
Another winner for my Sat night burger! The combination of spices enhanced the meat flavor but did not over power it. The amount of meat only allowed 1/2" patties but because I used half buffalo and half lean beef the patties did not shrink and covered the bun nicely. The burgers were served with sliced tomatoes, sweet onions, horse radish, Dijon mustard & sauted mushrooms. I sprinkled my oven fries with "Beef Jerk" spice - Great Burger night Thanks Dancer
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dehydrated onion
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine beef, cumin, salt, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder and minced dehydrated onion with a fork until spices are evenly mixed with meat.
- Divide mixture into 4 even portions and form each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Do not overwork the meat, and do not pack it tightly, or you will end up with a tough burger.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add burgers and cook 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on rolls.