Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dehydrated onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine beef, cumin, salt, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder and minced dehydrated onion with a fork until spices are evenly mixed with meat.
- Divide mixture into 4 even portions and form each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Do not overwork the meat, and do not pack it tightly, or you will end up with a tough burger.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add burgers and cook 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on rolls.
Another winner for my Sat night burger! The combination of spices enhanced the meat flavor but did not over power it. The amount of meat only allowed 1/2" patties but because I used half buffalo and half lean beef the patties did not shrink and covered the bun nicely. The burgers were served with sliced tomatoes, sweet onions, horse radish, Dijon mustard & sauted mushrooms. I sprinkled my oven fries with "Beef Jerk" spice - Great Burger night Thanks Dancer
This is going in our rotation for burgers. I think I may have put a tad big too much thyme in the burger but it was still great tasting. We only ate the meat -- no buns. We're cutting out carbs for awhile.
Very nice burgers. Just the right amount of seasonings. My whole family enjoyed these. We will definately make these again. Thank's!