1/1 Photo of Weight Watchers Spaghetti With Meat Sauce 5 Points
This robust, satisfying sauce is wonderful on whole-wheat pasta. It's also fabulous spooned over a baked potato, couscous or barley. Add a delicious Parmesan-infused crumb topping to spaghetti recipes: Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small nonstick skillet. Add 1/3 cup of coarse whole-wheat bread crumbs. Cook on high heat for 1 minute, shaking skillet constantly, until crumbs are aromatic and slightly browned. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese and shake well to coat. Remove from heat and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of crumbs over each dish just before serving. (Adds 1 POINTS value per serving.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti, kept hot
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, carrot and garlic.
- 3Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- 4Add ground beef to skillet.
- 5Cook, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in tomatoes and puree, salt, red pepper flakes and basil; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes for flavors to blend and for sauce to thicken slightly; spoon sauce over spaghetti.
- 8Yields about 1/2 cup of spaghetti and 2/3 cup of sauce per serving. (Note: Refrigerate extra sauce for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Spaghetti With Meat Sauce 5 Points
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g