Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great spin on the perfect winter comfort food. I received this recipe from a fellow WW member. It is only 2.5 pts per 1 generous cup serving. Enjoy!
- 4 (907.18 g) can fat free chicken broth
- 1417.47 g potatoes, diced (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 slice bacon (crisply cooked)
- 226.79 g Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 59.14 ml fat free sour cream
- 29.58 ml flour
- 44.37 ml water
- Combine broth and potatoes. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
- As potatoes are cooking, saute onions then add to cooking potatoes.
- When the potatoes are soft, stir in cheese and sour cream, and simmer until the cheese is melted.
- Thicken with the flour and water mix.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a really great soup, Maybe back in 2008 when Newly Mrs. Johnson submitted it from her fellow WW member the point value was only 2.5 points per cup, but todays point value is 7 points per cup.
An incredible, creamy and filling dish. I felt like I was eating a delicious baked potato smothered in cheese, sour cream and bacon bits, yet at only 2.5pts this gem won't expand my waistline. Even my picky two year old couldn't get enough. Amazing!
I used frozen southern style hash brown and seasoned the potatoes with salt, black pepper, Accent, and garlic powder. The soup was delicious and very easy to make. My family loved it, and I loved the fact that it was only 2.5 WW points. However, I crumbled a 1/2 slice of bacon on top and rounded to points to 3.