Weight Watchers Taco Soup
photo by lisatony1
- Ready In:
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can zesty beans (I use S&W chili beans in a zesty sauce)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat and onion, drain and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. 2 points per cup!
see 21 more reviews
This taco soup turned out very much like my mom's chili recipe, only healthier. I substituted a can of turkey chili with beans for the zesty beans and omitted the corn because my son wouldn't eat it if I added. The flavor was rich and delicious and I think the tomato sauce really added to it nicely. I'm sure I will make again since it was so easy too! Thanks for posting!
I am not a soup lover, but this was so yummy! I shared mine with my 2 year old & had to fight over every bite! You can change it around a bit, for the ingredients you have on hand. I used 1/2 cup onion, used salsa instead of tomatoe sauce & I had no ranch dressing mix, still turned out fabulous! Thanks!