Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the WW website, posted here for my 'zaar buddies. The following are variations that can be added to the soup with the accompanying POINTS: 1 ½ Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, POINTS value: 1 2 oz cooked chicken sausage, POINTS value: 3 2 Tbsp cooked chickpeas, POINTS value: ½ 2 Tbsp cooked orzo, POINTS value: ½ 2 small, store-bought turkey meatballs, POINTS value: 2
- 2 cups escarole, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fennel bulbs, thinly sliced (one bulb)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- Put escarole, garlic, onions, spinach, zucchini, red pepper, fennel bulb, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot; stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, parsley and basil. Serve.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup.
Smells delicious and fill sthe whole house with a savoury home-cooking scent I just can't resist. Very yummy!
I made this soup a week ago, and froze it in 1 cup servings. It freezes well, and the one cup size is convinient for packing in lunches to take to work. Even my DH who is not on WW, enjoyed it. He said it smelled so good, that he couldn't not try it! Thanks for posting.