Recipe by xpnsve
Even mashed potato aficionados won’t be able to tell that these creamy, garlicky potatoes have been slimmed down with nonfat sour cream and skim milk. 3 POINTS per serving.
Top Review by Irmantrude
These were yummy and I will make them again. I didn't have chives so I used parsley, I'm sure chives would be even better. Mine ended up needing a bit more milk/sour cream but it also made more than 4 servings of 1/2 cup so maybe my version of 8 small potatoes was off. These worked well for leftovers too. Thanks.
- 8 small uncooked red potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks (es)
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 8 minutes; drain water from saucepan.
- Add sour cream, milk and chives to pan; mix until combined.
- Mash mixture with a potato masher until smooth (or leave some lumps if desired).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.