Red Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I got this from allrecipes.com in a daily email. Sounds good and I love mashed potatoes but not always in the mood for gravy or loading them down with cheese.
- Ready In:
- 8 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot add potatoes, 1 tsp garlic and enough water to cover potatoes.
- Boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in same pot.
- Add butter and mash until butter is melted.
- Add in cream, sugar, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and remaining 1 tsp crushed garlic.
- Mix until smooth using an electric mixer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A great mashed potato recipe. My biggest complaint is I didn't know how large the potatoes should be or their weight so I used approx. 2 lbs. and I also didn't stir in the raw garlic, I cooked it all with the potatoes. They were smooth and creamy fixed with the electric mixer. Made for Football Pool 2013.