Roasted Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 14 -16 small red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole head of garlic, roasted (I use Roasted Garlic Roasted Garlic)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes with skins until fork tender.
- Drain water and coarsely smash potatoes with potato masher. (until just slightly smashed).
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin into the smashed potato.
- Add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Stir with a spoon until combined. Serve hot with your favorite chicken, beef, or pork dish. No need for gravy with these potatoes! ;-).
- *NOTE: You could always mash the potatoes, to your desired consistency. I prefer the slightly smashed texture for this recipe.*.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the wife of my wonderful husband John and the mother of 3 boys, Zander 5yrs, Asher 2 1/2yrs, and Tiernan 10 months. We live in and love Alaska. I love to hike and camp and go running in the mountains. I work part time as a hairstylist in a little salon in my home. I also enjoy scrap-booking, photography, and reading a really good book(my latest was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer). And I love to cook, especially bake! How I rate recipes: 5 Stars - This recipe is perfect. I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. 4 Stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. 3 Stars - This is a recipe I would not make again, but it was ok. 2 Stars - I would not make this recipe again and we didn't like it at all. 1 Star - This recipe did not work out or the taste was unappealing and I wouldn't make it again.