The secret to tasty oven-fried food is well-seasoned coatings and a hot oven. 4 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, dry mustard and salt. Add onions and toss to coat.
- 3Pour buttermilk into another large bowl, add onions and toss to coat (use your hands for the best result).
- 4Place bread crumbs in another large bowl, add onions and toss to coat. Transfer onions to prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- 5Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve hot. Yields about 1/2 an onion per serving.
- 6Flavor Booster: Give onion rings more crunch and fiber by using homemade multi-grain bread crumbs. Place 2 slices of toasted multi-grain bread in a food processor or blender and mince using on/off pulses.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers 'fried' Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 708.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g