Recipe by cakeinmyface
I am an idiot. Last year I GLUED all my weight watchers recipes out of weight watchers magazines into an exercise book. Come this year when I am given not one but two recipe folders to hold snippets out of magazine I have to try and unglue them. The result is not successful. So I am putting them on recipezaar to print them out to organise them, damn last years OCD. I’m not sure what issue they are from but this is definitely from weight watchers magazine
- 8 ounces smoked haddock, skinless
- 8 ounces salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 6 fluid ounces skim milk
- 4 1⁄2 ounces small cooked peeled prawns
- 7 ounces low-fat soft cheese
- 4 1⁄2 ounces plain very low fat fromage frais
- 2 ounces fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
for the topping
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 700 g peeled potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to gas mark 4. place haddock and salmon in a small roasting tin add bay leaf and pepper corns and pour the milk over. cover tightly with baking parchment and cook for about 10 mins until fish just starts to flake.
- strain milk into jug , then break bthe fish into pieces and place in a 1.25litre (2 pint) baking dish. Discard the bay leaf and the peppercorns and scatter the prawns on top of the fish pieces.
- whisk togther the 100ml of strained reserved milk with soft cheese and fromage frais add parsley and season to taste. Pour this sauce over the the fish
- cook leek in pan of boiling water for 5 minutes until soft, drain well. in another pan add the potatoes boiling in water for 15-20 min until tender. drain well mash with mustard and the remaining milk. stir in leeks season to taste.
- top pie with leek mash and spread out with back of a fork cook for 25 minutes untiul bubbling and then place under grill for 5 min to brown the mash.