I like to find different ways to make broccoli and especially those ways that are good for you. The recipe is 2 points per serving for a total of 4 servings. This recipe is very cheesy. If you like your vegetables more in the natural state, add more broccoli. This could affect the points values, though.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water.
- Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes; drain and return to pot.
- Alternatively, you can cook broccoli in microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and flour until blended; place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; remove from heat. Whisk in cheese until melted; whisk in mustard and salt.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and toss until coated.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.