Recipe by Lainey39
I like to find different ways to make broccoli and especially those ways that are good for you. The recipe is 2 points per serving for a total of 4 servings. This recipe is very cheesy. If you like your vegetables more in the natural state, add more broccoli. This could affect the points values, though.
Top Review by Shuzbud
Loved this recipe! I always enjoy broccoli with cheese sauce more than plain broccoli but this took the guilt right out of it! I did throw some parmesan into the sauce right at the end to boost the cheese flavour- think the cheddar I got was very mild. Thanks for a lovely recipe!
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water.
- Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes; drain and return to pot.
- Alternatively, you can cook broccoli in microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and flour until blended; place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; remove from heat. Whisk in cheese until melted; whisk in mustard and salt.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and toss until coated.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.