Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I like to find different ways to make broccoli and especially those ways that are good for you. The recipe is 2 points per serving for a total of 4 servings. This recipe is very cheesy. If you like your vegetables more in the natural state, add more broccoli. This could affect the points values, though.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water.
- Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes; drain and return to pot.
- Alternatively, you can cook broccoli in microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and flour until blended; place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; remove from heat. Whisk in cheese until melted; whisk in mustard and salt.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and toss until coated.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Loved this recipe! I always enjoy broccoli with cheese sauce more than plain broccoli but this took the guilt right out of it! I did throw some parmesan into the sauce right at the end to boost the cheese flavour- think the cheddar I got was very mild. Thanks for a lovely recipe!
I don't really like broccoli but with this cheese sauce it's so good. The sauce is good also on rutabaga or any veggies. I used grainy dijon. Yummy. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Gimme 5 tag game
We love broccoli and finding ways to get the fat out of our diets. This is so much better for you than regular cheese sauce. The texture was perfect and it came together rather quickly. Thinking the leftovers would be good stuffed inside a baked potato. Thanks for the post.