Velveeta Cheese Sauce for Cauliflower and Broccoli
photo by Jack C.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups 18% table cream
- 3 cups cubed Velveeta cheese (cubed about 1 inch)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- paprika, for topping
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Blend in the flour until smooth using a wire whisk.
- Return to heat; gradually whisk in the half and half cream; bring to a light boil, keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the cubed Velveeta, and contine to mix with a spoon until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the sugar, salt and pepper; mix until combined.
- Pour over the veggies JUST prior to serving.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Note: this recipe may be cut in half if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 47 more reviews
Great recipe! I used skim milk instead of cream and it still came out wonderfully. I love the flavour for veggies, but found it a little bland on pasta. I think if I make it for macaroni again I will add a little dijon mustard or powdered mustard just to give it a little more flavour. Thanks for sharing!