1/2 Photos of Watermelon Sorbet
15 hrs 45 mins
This refreshing guilt-free sorbet is perfect for a hot summers day. I found it fairly easy to make for one of my first attempts at a sorbet because it only requires you to break up the mixture twice instead of up to four times like in most other sorbet recipes. You can REALLY taste the watermelon in this delicious icy treat! Can also be made vegan by emitting egg whites but it will just be a little trickier to scoop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar completely dissolves. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, place watermelon flesh in a blender (or food processer) and blend until pureed. Strain the puree through a fine sieve into a jug, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible (you should have about 600ml of watermelon juice).
- 3Add sugar syrup to the watermelon juice and stir until well combined. Pour into an airtight container, cover and place in the freezer for 5 hours or until almost set.
- 4Roughly break up the sorbet with a metal fork and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Process briefly until sorbet is smooth and has a soft, icy texture. Return sorbet to the container and place in the freezer for a further 5 hours or until firm.
- 5Remove from the freezer and repeat step 4.
- 6Repeat step 4 again this time adding the egg whites to the bowl of the food processer and processing until the sorbet is smooth and turns a paler colour. Return the sorbet to the container you intend to store it in and place in the freezer until firm.
- 7To serve scoop into serving bowls or waffle cones and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g