Recipe by cUte Kitty pUnk
uses no added sugar - nice alternative to the other watermelon sorbet recipes. (from low fat, low calories, low cholesterol, light cooking cookbook). alternative: for honeydew & cantaloupe ice, use unsweetened pineapple-guava-orange juice in place of pineapple juice concentrate
Top Review by SusieQusie
Oh yum!! Not enough stars for this! It is fantastic! The flavors of the pineapple and the lime are perfect with the watermelon! Can't wait to make another batch! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 4 cups seeded watermelon (1-inch chunks) or 4 cups honeydews (1-inch chunks) or 4 cups cantaloupe (1-inch chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup thawed frozen unsweetened pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place melon chunks in a single layer in plastic freezer bag; freeze about 8 hours or until firm. Place frozen melon in food processor. Let stand 15 minutes to soften slightly. Add pineapple and lime juice. Process until smooth. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Serve immediately.*.
- *Ice may be transferred to airtight container and frozen up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften slightly before serving.