Tomato Basil Salad With Balsamic Dressing
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- For salad, arrange tomato slices on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home Grandmother who babysits my three grand daughters, ages 6mos. to 10 years. I enjoy cooking, sewing, reading, and taking care of my family. I am active in my church and also the treasurer. I love cookbooks of any kind, but am more interested in low fat, low carb. recipes since my husband is recovering from a recent heart attack, and I have been diagnosed with diabetes. We've begin walking and trying to take better care of ourselves. Its hard work, but we are committed to make it work. We are both enjoying losing weight, having more energy, and are looking forward to autumn so that we can take advantage of the cooler weather to take our exercise up a notch. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">