1/3 Photos of Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad
Very light and refreshing and EASY salad for the summer months when watermelons are sweet and juicy. Recipe from Food & Wine; states that this is a Turkish dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb seedless watermelon, chunks cut into small slabs
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 12 rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Arrange the watermelon slabs on 6 plates and top each with a fresh goat cheese round. Sprinkle all over with the orange zest and nigella seeds.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice and lemon juice with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and goat cheese and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g