Top Review by crtvecook
This turned out good. I only changed the way I did the potatoes(red), I used the mandoline slicer on thick slices and then I boiled for 5-8 minutes, breaking but not mashing. I did double the recipe and think it could have used a hair more vinegar. Thanks for sharing. I will keep this one in the recipe book.
- 3 potatoes, Med,Boiled In Skins
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄8 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and slice paper thin.
- Saute bacon slowly in a frypan, then drain on paper towels.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in the potatoes and crumbled bacon bits.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand until ready to serve.