Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very special salad.
Make and share this Warm Thai Fish Ball Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg boneless white fish fillet
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄3 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 200 g baby asian salad leaves (available in packets in the vegetable section of supermarkets)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 150 g snow peas, thinly sliced
- lime wedge, to serve
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Process the fish, onion, cilantro, curry paste, fish sauce and juice in food processor until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- You will need to cook the fish balls in batches.
- Arrange a single layer of balls in a baking paper lined bamboo steamer.
- Place steamer over a wok or large pan of boiling water.
- Cook, covered, for about 5 minutes or until balls are just cooked through.
- Repeat until all of the balls are cooked.
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a jar and shake well, until combined.
- Arrange the salad leaves on 1 large platter or or individual serving plates.
- Top the leaves with the red pepper and snow peas.
- Place the fish balls on top, drizzle with dressing and serve with lime wedges.